Our most popular package is FSB Business Essentials which includes a whole range of benefits and products designed to make your business fly
A suite of legal benefits including a dedicated helpline, bundled insurance products and a range of online information to keep your business safe. Plus a whole range of negotiated benefits to help save you money and win business.
Our Business Creation package is designed to make starting a business simpler, allowing you time to focus on what's important - making it a success.
Specialist company formation benefits, access to FSB networking, business banking and a range of products to help get you setup in business.
Joining FSB Connect is free and is a great way to be part of the FSB Community and have your voice heard.
You'll be able to access specialist networking events with like-minded members of the community and have your say in our Big Voice survey panel.
Whatever your circumstances, we have a package to suit you and your business. Click the button below to see which benefits are included in each package and start your FSB journey.
'Within a few weeks of joining we'd taken advantage of FSB’s Online Legal Documents. We started a graduate programme and access to these documents gave us an understanding of the legal side, and has helped us to create a number of processes and procedures.'
'When we first took on a member of staff, we used the online legal document template library. FSB does more important stuff than you think it does, there are lots of member benefits, probably more than we actually use.'
'Having somebody like FSB behind you is fantastic. There is a whole team behind the organisations, whatever is required: support, advice, finance, you know that you’re not alone, you’ve got FSB.'
We represent a diverse range of businesses from retailers to marketing agencies and just about everything in between. Take a look at more member stories and see how we could help your business fly.
More Member Stories
We offer three packages to suit your business needs. Joining FSB Connect is free, our Business Essentials package starts at £172.50 in the first year and our specialist Business Creation package has an introductory price of £99 in the first year.
1. They take the business seriously: This is incredibly important, especially when you first set up a business. If you’re not taking your life’s-work seriously, then who will? If you treat your operation in a slap-dash manner then so will everyone else who comes into contact with it. This doesn’t just relate to your general approach, but also to the way you think about finances and the future. This brings us onto our next point…
2. Carefully consider the future. It’s all well and good to live in the moment, but the moment doesn’t last forever. Think about what you’re next move forward is and where you want to take the business.
3. Do what you like. No, we don’t mean this in a happy-go-lucky kind of way! It sounds really simple, but if you’re thinking of setting up a business then you need to be sure that you’re going to enjoy your profession. Running a business is hard work, make sure the hard work is worth it.
4. They want to talk about their business, just not too much. It can be easy to ram your new business idea down the throat of everyone around you – but that’s not the way to make contacts. By all means tell people about your venture but aim to strike a balance between the promotion of your business and downright obnoxiousness.
5. They get to know their customer base. It sounds a little dramatic, but in a time where people spend more time looking at their smartphone screens than at the faces of other people, you need to find a way to connect with both current and potential customers.
6. They invest in the surrounding community. A business can be more than a business, it can be a force for positive change within a community. Why not sponsor a local event? You gain exposure and support a good cause.
7. They are accessible. It’s as simple as it sounds – be there when you are needed.
8. Build a strong team. If you want to cultivate a culture of positive results you need to surround yourself with strong employees who are willing to put time and effort into your business. There’s a saying in here somewhere… as boss is only as strong as the weakest member of their team? That’ll do!
9. They nourish relationships. During your time as a small business owner you will meet many, many people. From networking events to footfall, wherever you may be make sure you are nurturing positive relationships and don’t be afraid to cut off the unhealthy ones!
10. Every now and then they take a break. Going full-tilt all the time is exhausting, who wants to spend the next forty years doing that? Reward yourself when you can and remember to tell yourself this: you’re doing a great job!
If you'd like to offer our #FSBcommunity any advice, then tweet us @FSB_Voice!
Network with other members and non members from across the UK through our National and Local networking framework
National Federation of Self Employed & Small Businesses LimitedSir Frank Whittle Way / Blackpool / FY4 2FE. National Federation of Self Employed & Small Businesses Limited (FSB) is registered in England, number 1263540